April 08, 2012

My 30 something birthday

I celebrated my 30th something birthday on Wednesday. I took leave from work and had the luxury of sleeping in. I was woken by Yiu Yiu who greeted me with, “Happy Birthday mummy”. We went for brunch and by the time we got back, it was time to get Yiu Yiu ready for school.

Hubby and I then visited the managing director of VKA Wealth Planners, hubby’s personal friend, for a quick chat on our financial planning for retirement and girls’ tertiary education. We concluded that our current portfolio of investments is not sufficient to support our future aspirations. He will perform an in-depth assessment of our current financial status and investment portfolio, and projected amount required for the future, and propose an investment plan that will help us meet our goals. There goes my hope of quitting my job, as we will need the income to fund our investments.

We ended the day with a simple dinner at this porky place.  Hubby had grilled soft ribs, I had pork chop with country gravy, and the girls had bacon tomato spaghetti, coincidentally, the exact same items we ordered the last time :-). We also tried the pig-in-a-blanket, which was pork cocktail sausages wrapped in bacon and oven cooked. They were delicious.


The only thing I missed doing on my birthday was visiting the nail salon and spa. I wouldn’t mind trying this awesome range of nail colours after reading the julep maven review.

And when I went to office the next day, I received this – hubby had ordered it earlier, not knowing that I would be on leave.

13 comments:

Quay Po Cooks said...

Happy Belated birthday to you. You hubby is so sweet and so is your kiddie. I see that you have started to plan for your retirement, that is abolutely a smart move to start early.

Quay Po Cooks said...

Happy Belated birthday to you. You hubby is so sweet and so is your kiddie. I see that you have started to plan for your retirement, that is abolutely a smart move to start early.

MeRy said...

Happy birthday..

chanelwong said...

Happy Birthday to you...that is a lovely bunch of flowers...

zmm said...

Oh Wow...
That's a nice celebration.. just makan.. sleep in... perfect!

A Mom's Diary said...

Quay Po Cooks - thanks for dropping by. Will visit yours soon. As for planning for retirement, I think I'm a bit late already, though we have some form of investments here and there.

Ladies - thanks for your kind wishes.

ZMM - indeed, makan and tidur. Haha.

SuperMom said...

Happy birthday! Your Hubby is still so sweet :)

I am now sharing this with him now ;-)

LittleLamb said...

Happy Birthday to you WL. Best wishes to you.

Mimi - SleeplessInKL said...

Belated happy birthday! Didn't know you were an April birthday girl like my mum ^_^

A Mom's Diary said...

SuperMom - so how did your hubby react to you showing him this :-)

LittleLamb/Mimi - thanks.

BoeyJoey said...

Happy Belated birthday, WL :-D. Yur hubs is so sweet, surprising you with a pretty bouquet :-)

jazzmint said...

Happy Belated birthday Wai Leng. Wah I miss Betty's Midwest. Have you tried their dogfood? That's F & V's fav :).

A Mom's Diary said...

Boey Joey - thanks.

Jazz - Never tried before but it looks good. Maybe next round.