Yiu Yiu is progressing along in her studies, settling near the top 1/3 among the 600-odd Standard 2 students in her school. She was also awarded the Exemplary Student award in her class.
After two years of learning gymrama, she finally took her first grading exam in the free hand and ball routine for the Little Gymnast category, which she passed. She will have to wait till June to take the exam for the last apparatus, the rope, which she missed as she didn’t have enough time to practice due to our being away to Australia.
We wrapped up the year with a Hi-5 concert at the KLPAC. The girls (and Yihao & Xiaoyu) had a blast, singing and dancing along with the group. We even scored a Meet & Greet session pass and the children had the opportunity to take photos with the group.
- spend less time at work and come home earlier every day.
- have more patience with the girls
- go for facial, massage and pedi regularly.
- enroll Yan Yan into a ballet school, as she’s been asking for it for a long time now so I should seriously start looking for a class for her.
- enroll Yiu Yiu into a Money Tree program, and Beginner’s Camp at Radiant Retreats.
- encourage Yiu Yiu to read more, as she hardly reads.
- teach the girls to cycle. Yiu Yiu was cycling regularly on her four wheelers until her bike broke down several months ago and we never replaced it, so will have to buy new bikes for them both.
Wishing everyone a blessed 2014 filled with an abundance of laughter, joy, success and great health.