October 07, 2008

On the road – lessons for mummy

Lesson for mummy – always watch your words when driving with Yiu Yiu
I am not a very patient driver. Whenever someone cuts into my lane abruptly/rudely, I have a tendency to curse the other driver. Of course whenever Yiu Yiu is in the car, I try to watch my words but sometimes, the foul words still spew out unintentionally.

Incident 1
(Car/motorbike suddenly cuts into my lane)
Mummy: Stupid car/motorbike!
Yiu Yiu: The car/motorbike stupid ah?
Mummy: No, the car/motorbike not stupid, the driver is stupid.
(Few days later while driving home with her)
Yiu Yiu: Mummy, today no stupid car and stupid motorbike ah?
Mummy: Oh oh!

Incident 2
(A car swerved dangerously into my lane, nearly causing an accident)
Mummy: Bloody hell!
Yiu Yiu: Mummy, bar dee hell ah?
Mummy (face red liao, realizing my lack of self control): What blar dee hell? Mummy didn’t say anything ah.
Yiu Yiu: Got ah, you said bar dee hell ah
Mummy: No la, Yiu Yiu, that’s not a nice thing to say. Don’t say that again OK?
Yiu Yiu (humming to herself): Bar dee hell, bar dee hell
Luckily she forgot all about it the next day.
Note to self: MUST NOT say that again in front of her.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

we most definitely must watch what we say, do or sing in front of kids! they pick up even the nonverbal stuff very quickly.

A Mom's Diary said...

Mimi - indeed, they are so quick with these things

A Mom's Diary said...

Kittycat - really? I'm already laughing imagining how little Lucas would say "Shut Up!"