July 14, 2010

No longer exclusively breastfed

Eight days before her first birthday, Yan Yan had her first taste of formula.

Due to my recent extended trip, and her ravenous appetite following her bout of milk rejection, she wiped out all the EBM stocks in the freezer. And since my production had dropped, the output from my once-daily pumping is less than her daily intake, so babysitter started supplementing one feed with formula today. So that makes Yan Yan three months short of her che-che as an exclusively breastfed baby.

The next question is, shall I give up pumping altogether so she's on formula during the day at the babysitter's, and I only nurse her when I'm home?

3 comments:

Hui-Wearn said...

maybe it's more convenient to do so since she didn't reject formula. i've stopped pumping as well and only breastfeed when i am at home.

Chinneeq said...

u are lucky that yur girl still accept formula despite breastfed all the while :)

A Mom's Diary said...

HW - I've stopped pumping and only breastfeed when I'm home too.

Chinnee - yeah, I know how you struggled with your Bumbo boys