December 31, 2010

My new kitchen gadget

MIL bought this magic machine as my birthday present in April. I was to call the agent based in KL and arrange for her to deliver the machine to me, and perform some demo on the machine’s functionality. Unfortunately she can only do it on weekdays, and I was really busy at work then and couldn’t take leave just to stay home and wait for her to deliver the machine. And so, I proscratinated and forgot about it along the way until our last trip back to Kuantan when MIL asked if I’ve collected the machine…some grateful DIL huh?


(L) The i-Smart Maker; (R) The freebies that come with it - a kitchen scissor, digital scale and a double bread pan


Since I took leave the last few days, I made an appointment for the agent to deliver the machine to me. She demonstrated by using the machine to prepare a roast chicken (she marinated and brought the chicken along), and we also baked a loaf of bread from scratch.


Black pepper roasted chicken and sausage and cheese loaf


The machine is pretty nifty – I can pretty much just dump the ingredients in, press one button, and 2.5 hours later, a freshly baked loaf of bread will be ready. The machine will take care of the mixing, kneading, proofing and baking – all in the same pan without me having do anything. No complicated DVI cable or Optical cables to deal with. The only cable I need is the cable for USB to download these photos from my camera.

The machine can also be used to bake cakes, prepare dough for pizza, pau, buns, cookies, and cooking curry chicken, claypot chicken rice, soups, etc. I hope I’ll be diligent in baking home-made bread and buns for the girls and myself.

6 comments:

Chinneeq said...

best present ever cos it is so useful to make good food for everyone at home. U are lucky to get such a good gadget !!!

Liew said...

Oh next time we can go to your house for dinners la since u hv a super duper machine ;) & if I need breads, can also ask from you ho

Alice Law said...

Wow, an incredible gadget indeed... look at the cheese loaf, it was like freshly baked from a bakery!!! LOL, undeniable, you are a blessed and lucky DIL!^_^

A Mom's Diary said...

Chinnee/Alice - yup, definitely. That's why I hope I'll really put it to good use.

WK - can, I charge you 15cents cheaper than 99 Speedmart for the bread :-)

chanelwong said...

sooo nice...haiya if i stay next to your house can tumpang nice n hot bread....

jazzmint said...

best present from MIL :)