February 28, 2011

Po-po and gong-gong

We were in Nilai yesterday to pay respect to my dad. Before we went, Yiu Yiu said,
Yiu Yiu: Mummy, please don’t tell gong-gong that I bumped my head.
Mummy: Why?
Yiu Yiu: Because I don’t want him to be worried.
How thoughtful!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This happened the last time we were at Nilai. We bought a double niche in the columbarium, so there’s an empty space next to the inscriptions of dad's details on the plaque covering the niche.
Yiu Yiu: Mummy, I know the empty space there is for po-po. Next time when po-po dies, we will come here to pray to po-po also.
Mummy: Yes, that’s for po-po. Do you want po-po to die soon or live long long and be with us?
Yiu Yiu: I want po-po to live long long with us.

Few days later, mum related to me that Yiu Yiu told her that the space in the niche is for her when she dies. And mum asked her the exact same question I did, and she answered exactly the same way. Really don’t know how she got the idea, as nobody ever told her so.

3 comments:

Small Kucing said...

she is a thughtful girl

Liew said...

Your doter is very observant one and she is also good at analyzing things & come to her own conclusion

A Mom's Diary said...

smallkucing - she's getting more matured and thoughtful these days.

WK - hope this skill serves her well in her life.