April 15, 2008

Back from New Zealand

Greetings everyone. I'm back from New Zealand after 16 days. We arrived on Saturday night and immediately upon reaching home, we drove to the babysitter to fetch our darling home. And boy, every time I'm away from her for such a long stretch, at first glance, I never fail to feel that she somehow looked different from when I left. And she seemed to have developed by leaps and bounds in the language department, something we had noticed while speaking to her on the phone in New Zealand. She was understandably excited at seeing us and can’t wait to get home, whilst busy chattering away telling us this and that.

New Zealand is a truly amazing country. The landscape and natural beauty will blow your mind away. Astounding, awesome, magnificent – these superlatives won't even do justice to the beauty of this country. To top it off, New Zealanders are a really friendly breed. There's so much I'd like to share about this trip to New Zealand, but I know it'll take some time before I can sort out the photos and write some decent posts. But first, if you'll excuse me, I'll need to plough through over 400 emails in my Inbox, and catch up on reading tens, if not hundreds of posts of blogs I frequent.

5 comments:

michelle@mybabybay said...

Wow you do travel a lot. I love traveling too.

jazzmint said...

whoa...can't wait for the photos hehe....I'd love to go there someday

A Mom's Diary said...

Mybabybay, I love travelling too and I guess I'm quite lucky that I get to travel a bit in the course of work.

Jazz, it's really an awesome country. And if you go, I'm sure you'll go crazy with your camera.

Chinneeq said...

can't wait to see the photos that you took.....that must be a good place to go to, but i heard it is pretty expensive now to go there?

A Mom's Diary said...

Chinnee, yes it's rather expensive as the exchange rate is about RM2.60. But we travelled cheap - stayed at motels and backpackers hostels, and cooked our own meals. That saved a lot as dining out is terribly expensive. Besides there's nothing to do after 7pm as almost all shops are closed.