February 13, 2007

Disintegrating plastic bag

As with most households, we kept a substantial amount of plastic bags of various makes and sizes in the house. I had two huge black garbage bags that are filled to the brim with plastic bags. As I was packing to move into our new house and needed some large plastic bags, I rummaged through the stock pile to look for one. To my surprise, I found some J*sc* plastic bags having disintegrated among the stock pile. They've became really brittle and turned into pieces at the slightest touch. I can't even lift a single piece of the plastic bags out and they literally became a mass of dust inside the black garbage bag. I dismissed the incidence and thought that they must have been produced among a poorly manufactured batch.

I experienced it the second time when packing a set of new bed sheet which hubby bought at J*sc* Card members' sale last year. We've kept the bed sheet aside in the original J*sc* plastic bag after purchasing it as we planned to use it only at the new house. When I lifted the bed sheet, the plastic bag crumbled into pieces. Two incidences within the same day don't make a co-incidence, does it?


4 comments:

milkmaid said...

OOhh?? I've never seen or heard of such a thing. Makes me wanna go back home and dig these out.. cause I have lots of these somewhere under a pile of bags in my kitchen...:)

Angeleyes said...

Because Jusco's plastic bags are biodegradable... that was why it turned into pieces after a while...

Happy Chinese New Year!

A Mom's Diary said...

Angeleyes, thanks for pointing it out. I didn't know that...so it's for a good cause after all...

Anonymous said...

oh..yeah these plastic bag cant be kept long.. will turn out horrible. A big mess to clean up!!