February 17, 2007

Monster in the shower?

We installed a water heater with build-in pump in the bathrooms on the first floor of our house. And pump being pump, when the heater is switched on, there is this monstrosity of a sound generated. As Yiu Yiu can now bathe standing up in the shower, we did the same after shifting over to the next house.

The first day, while she was in the shower, my nephew, Yihao stood outside and she busied herself paying peekaboo with him while I bathed her. However on the second day, to my utter dismay, when I switched on the water heater, she was terrified of the noise and started crying. She clung on to me for dear life and simply refused to let go despite reassurance from me and hubby. In the end, hubby had to hold a screaming toddler by the arms tightly while I gave her a quick shower.

We've since not had another chance to bathe her in the shower again as weekdays at babysitter, she'd be all ready by the time we fetch her. And we are now in Kuantan at my in-laws place for the Chinese New Year holidays. I hope that terrifying episode was simply a one-off thing and she'd be OK when we bathe her next.

3 comments:

Liew said...

Aiyah very ez problem to solve, just ask Yi Hao to play peekaboo with her whenever she showers lor ;)

Gong Xi Fa Cai..........'Oink Oink'

jazzmint said...

wahh...liddat how ah?? bath in another bathroom?

A Mom's Diary said...

Jazz, ya lor...haven't figured out how. Maybe install a normal water heater at the bathroom downstairs if she still has problem.

Liew, Yihao not staying with me one...he was just staying over the past week coz my sis was away.