May 28, 2007

Bye bye Orlando, hello New Jersey

Sunday, March 4

Since I had to leave the hotel by 1.00 pm, there wasn't any point in going to one of the many other theme parks in Orlando as there simply won't be enough time to accomplish anything. So I decided to just sleep in late, did some work on my laptop and took my time to pack.

My flight to New Jersey was to depart at 4.04 pm but since it was a Sunday and many people are expected to make their way back home after a weekend at Disney World, I'd been advised to be at the airport by 2.00 pm, even though it's just a domestic flight. I was all set to leave by 12.30pm and since the car that was taking me to the airport was already standing by, I decided to head to the airport earlier. I sure glad I did. There was a loooooooong line at the security checkpoint and it took more than an hour before I finally got through. I made my way to Burger King to grab a bite and was pleasantly surprised to find free wifi available. Managed to surf a bit before boarding.

I arrived in Newark Liberty International Airport at about 7pm to a freezing temperature of -1oC. Oh boy, after sunny Florida, this sure needs some getting used to. It took some time before my luggage came out and I then headed to Somerset Hills Hotel, a small luxury hotel in Northern New Jersey. It is about 10-minute drive away from my company headquarters in Whitehouse Station, where I’ll be heading to for the next two days.


Top (the elegant lobby with old world charm) and bottom (the room was quite basic)

No comments: