July 14, 2007

Durians

Hubby brought home four durians the other night. I like durians, but not to the extent of being crazy over them. I was happy nonetheless as I had not have durians for a long time. We had two fruits that very night after dinner, and they were so good. Sweet, with a tinge of bitterness, and slightly moist – just the way I like my durians. I don't quite fancy cross bred fruits such as D24, raja kucing, etc as I find them lacking the authentic durian fragrance; instead, all you get is plain sweetness.

We introduced durian to Yiu Yiu for the first time. She held a piece of the fruit and without hesitation, sunk her teeth into the creamy flesh. She took her time to savour each bite, just like a true durian connoisseur. I was surprised as I thought children would not take too well to the strong smell and taste of this king of fruits but my little girl, she just lapped it all up.


4 comments:

jazzmint said...

my kids both love durians

Anonymous said...

wah... Yiu-yiu also a durian fancee ah?

Long time din see you around leh... I moved lioa... got my own domain now. Do update your link ok? Thanks!

Anonymous said...

She'll grow up to love durians!

Zara doesn't like it.

A Mom's Diary said...

jazz, your kids know what tastes good eh?

angeleyes, i was surprised she liked it too. but then again, she's very "wai sek" so anything goes

zara's mama, hehehe...let zara have it more often, maybe she'll grow to love it.