July 11, 2008

Antics of a 32-month toddler

I have a bottle of water by the bedside table, to wet my throat when I wake up during midnight to make milk for Yiu Yiu. Yeah (sigh!)…she still asks for milk in the middle of the night. The only time I can have uninterrupted sleep is when I travel for work. Anyway, last night Yiu Yiu tried to drink from the bottle, and was caught redhanded by me.
Mummy: Don’t spill water on the bed ah…
Yiu Yiu: No lah, mattress only (coz she was standing on the mattress we placed by the bed)

Yiu Yiu looks to play water and always will ask to wash her hands so she can have some fun with water. I was washing hand with Yiu Yiu standing outside the bathroom door, and as usual, she wanted to wash her hands too. I carried her to the sink and let her wash her hands. When she asked for soap,
Mummy: No need lah, mummy also didn’t use soap
Yiu Yiu: No ah, just now I stand there and watch you wash hand, you got use soap ah
Oppss! Caught mummy lying

She loves taking photos…whenever she sees me taking out my camera, she’ll terrorize me until I give up and pass her the camera. Here’s some of the more decent shots she took.

Top: taken at a friend's wedding dinner; Bottom: decorative stuff at home. The two photos on the right are taken from her eye level, hence the view from bottom up.

If I walk faster than her up/down the stairs, she will call out and look pitifully, “Mummy, you don’t want me meh?”

When we reach home after any outing, I’ll normally carry Yiu Yiu from the car to the main door. However, last Sunday, she wanted papa to carry her instead. This is the conversation that took place:
Mummy: You want papa to carry ah? You don’t want me meh? (to humour her, as she likes to say this).
Yiu Yiu: I want you. I want papa also.
Mummy: Then why you don’t want mummy to carry?
Yiu Yiu: Mummy tired mah…so I ask papa to carry la…

We keep a cane at home, for the times when Yiu Yiu misbehaved beyond our limits. Hubby is often the one who wield the cane at her. One day, Yiu Yiu just refused to put away her toys after playing and after much persuasion, hubby decided to threaten her with the cane. However, he couldn’t remember where he placed the cane and was searching around for it when the guilty party blurted out with a cheeky smile on her face, “Papa, your cane missing already ah?” I don’t know whether to laugh or to cry.

2 comments:

Liew said...

Hahahaha your doter just continue to amuse me ;)

KittyCat said...

Haha...they get better as they get older eh? I hear they're supposed to "slow down" when they reach the terrific 3. Any signs of that in Yiu Yiu yet?

I know I'm counting down EACH month :S