November 09, 2008

Short-sightedness

No one in my family has short-sightedness, and I’m the only odd one out. I grew up with perfect eye sight but I started noticing that I needed to strain my eyes to read when I was in university. A test at the nearby optical shop confirmed it – my power was not that high though, it was only 200 and 100, respectively in my right and left eye. I started wearing eyeglasses from then on. I dare not use contact lenses until much later, the thought of poking something into my eyes turned me off.

When I started working in my present company, my job involved a fair amount of driving and it was a great hassle getting in and out of the car as my glasses would get all fogged up. It was then that I decided to try out contact lenses. I started with the permanent lenses which needed cleansing and soaking with multipurpose solution daily, and the weekly routine of soaking the lenses in protein solution to remove deposits on the lenses. When disposable lenses became more affordable, I switched to monthly disposable lenses. My power has now increased to 525 on the right eye and 400 on the left eye.

I still use eyeglasses at night and when I’m at home. Which is why The Clark Howard Show, the popular U.S. nationally syndicated consumer advocate program on radio caught my attention when they recommended eyeglasses from this website that has a huge selection of frames, with single vision lens, sunsensor (potochromic) lens, tinted sunglasses lens, bifocal lens and progressive lens.

I wouldn’t mind having this cool pair of glasses, would you?



No comments: