March 16, 2008

Heading to my Paris getaway

The following few posts are all backdated posts of my trip to Europe in last September. Apologies if I bore you with stale posts but I just want to capture these for posterity so please indulge me.

I've written about my trips to Amsterdam and Brussels and you can read about them here:
Amsterdam
Places of Interests in Amsterdam – Part 1
Places of Interests in Amsterdam – Part 2
Places of Interests in Amsterdam – Part 3
Amsterdam Side Trips (Part 1a) - Zaanse Schans
Amsterdam Side Trips (Part 1b) - Zaanse Schans
Amsterdam Side Trips (Part 2) – Marken and Volendam
Amsterdam Side Trips (Part 3a) - Rotterdam
Amsterdam Side Trips (Part 3b) - Rotterdam,

Brussels
Onwards to Brussels
Places of interests in Brussels – Part 1
Places of interests in Brussels – Part 2
Places of interests in Brussels – Part 3

I left Brussels on Saturday, September 22 for Paris. I boarded the 4.45pm Thalgo high speed train and arrived in Paris Gare du Nord train station about 1.5 hours later. I booked my hotel through the Net and purposely chose one near Gare du Nord, the main transportation hub in the northern part of the city. I didn’t have any trouble finding the hotel and after checking in, I just wandered around the area before grabbing a quick dinner and calling it a night. The early night would replenish my energy for the next few grueling days of sight seeing.


The imposing and impressive Gare du Nord

No comments: