May 16, 2009

The most resilient woman ever

I don’t normally post any forwarded email stories but when I saw this video forwarded to me by a colleague, I felt compelled to share it. It’s a story we can all learn from. The commentary is in Mandarin and Cantonese but even if you don’t understand the languages, you’ll be amazed just by watching the video.




Some excerpts of the interview with this amazing lady (from what I could understand with my limited command of Mandarin) – she was born without both arms. Her mum had initially wanted to throw her into the sea but her dad decided otherwise, and said they could raise her as if she’s their pet dog. When asked by the interviewer how she survived without both her arms, she answered matter of factly, “I still have my pair of legs! I can do anything with my feet!”

Her resilience and will to survive simply puts many of us to shame. With just her pair of legs, she functions as well, if not better, than many of us. Most importantly she kept an extremely positive outlook in life, despite the challenging circumstances. So the next time I start to gripe about how life is not giving me a fair deal, I’ll remind myself to reflect on her situation to stop my negative track of thinking.

1 comment:

Libby said...

Ya, i have seen this video before also, she's really amazing.