May 21, 2011

Protecting mei-mei

Yan Yan is an extremely stubborn and 野蛮 child, and Terrible Two has not even arrived!

Whenever Yan Yan misbehaves and mummy and papa scold/punish her, Yiu Yiu will quickly jump in and say, “Don’t scold/beat her la. She doesn’t understand yet, she’s just a little baby!”

Whenever Yan Yan throws herself on the floor and cries when she doesn’t get her way, we will just ignore her. Yiu Yiu will get upset and say, “Why you all don’t love mei-mei? Why you all don’t bother about her?”

Once I got really angry with Yan Yan that I left her in the bathroom and shut the door behind her. Naturally she cried her lungs out. Yiu Yiu got so upset, and with tears in her eye, pleaded for me to let mei-mei out.


She loves her mei-mei to bits, and for that, I’m thankful.

8 comments:

Small Kucing said...

that is call sisterly love. WOnderful kids

ryeli said...

my no. 2 is very stubborn too (my dad calls her 'ah ngau'!). but RL always remind me to punish her mei-mei...hehe. only when i have totally lost it, she will feel sorry for her mei-mei and will try to coax or give in to her mei-mei.

MeRy said...

So lovely..

Liew said...

Hopefully mei mei will not take advantage & bully her cheh cheh in future

Alice Law said...

Such protective jie jie, mei mei so blessed!:)

A Mom's Diary said...

small kucing/MeRy/Alice - I really hope they grow up loving each other so.

Syn - haha, there's some sibling rivalry there, eh?

WK - I hope not. At the moment, she loves her che-che as much as her che-che adores her.

zmm said...

Yaya.. they can fight, quarrel (maybe yours haven't started yet), but yet.. the eldest is protective of the youngest.

A Mom's Diary said...

ZMM - haha, definitely not yet. Wait till the small one becomes more articulate :-)