August 17, 2007

Why I signed up for PPP

I blogged about the process of getting my blog approved by PayPerPost (PPP). Now let me share a little about why. As mentioned previously, I first stumbled upon the world of blog marketing from MMB, a parenting forum that I frequent. Some of the veteran posties such as 5xmom and Shopping Mum shared their experience in getting paid while blogging about the things they love and it got me interested. I tried to find out more about the world of blog marketing, and naturally visited PPP for more information. The idea of earning some money while writing appealed to me and I promptly signed up when I met the posting criteria. I knew I wouldn't be a prolific postie but nevertheless, as the Malay saying goes "Sikit sikit lama lama jadi bukit". It means that we need to start small and over time, it will become a mountain.

PPP is currently the main blog marketing service I utilize. It has the most number of opportunities, even though I don't qualify for the majority of them. I've written only but a few paid posts, mainly because I only take an opportunity if I feel I can relate to it. Nevertheless, it's gratifying to see the balance in my Paypal account growing very slowly but surely. There really isn't much I can do with whatever little money I have in there right now but someday, I hope I will have enough to bid for something on eBay.



No comments: