August 08, 2007

Smorty

I first learnt about the potential of earning money through blogging from a parenting forum that I frequent. Subsequently, I signed up for PPP and Bloggerwave, with the aim of trying to make some internet moolah, though I know I won't be a prolific postie. With my long working hours and taking care of the household after work, I hardly spend time updating my blog, let alone blog for money. Nevertheless, whenever I have the chance, I will try to log in to check out available opportunities.

Recently I discovered Smorty, another service connecting advertisers with bloggers. Advertisers can pay bloggers to write opinion posts with links back to the advertisers' site. Smorty works in a different way than PPP or Bloggerwave in that an email will be sent to suitable bloggers whenever new campaigns are available. That way, if you are like me, connected to the email throughout the work day, you will be notified if there's a new campaign that suits my profile.

So far I've written one post for Smorty and I must say that I'm pretty impressed with their efficiency. Best of all, the payout gets into your Paypal account pretty swiftly too. With Smorty, I've found another avenue to get paid for blogging.

No comments: