October 18, 2007

I struck gold!

There were several pieces of mails in the mailbox when I returned from work yesterday. Among the stack of mails which included bills for Astro, hubby's mobile phone, etc was a mail from Enrich. I didn't think much of it as I assumed it was just my quarterly statement.

After dinner, I sorted out the mail and the words on the envelope of the Enrich mail struck me.

The crumpled envelope. I only remembered to take a photo of this as an afterthought.

I am holding an Enrich Silver card and was thinking to myself, "This can't be…I couldn't possibly have qualified for Enrich Gold". I quickly opened the mail, and voila, true enough, I've been upgraded to Enrich Gold. I was grinning from ear to ear, as it was indeed an extremely pleasant surprise.

My golden surprise
My company has this policy that if our flight time exceeds six hours, we are entitled to fly Business Class. And whenever I fly Business on Malaysia Airlines, I always look forward to the Golden Lounge. Malaysia Airlines indeed has one of the best lounges in the world. The variety of food and beverages on offer is unmatched by most other airline lounges. This year, I flew to Seoul, Orlando and Amsterdam on Business Class so I guess I fulfilled the required airline miles to be upgraded to Gold.

And now with my Enrich Gold card, I have access to the Golden Lounge, even when I fly Economy. And that's indeed golden music to my ears.

1 comment:

Contented Mum said...

Is nice to be able to enjoy the golden lounge when waiting for the flight. Good for you. :)