2011 has been a rather quiet year on this blog – a record low number of posts, 89 including this round-up post! I attribute it to laziness, and lack of diligence in keeping track of day-to-day happenings :-)
Looking back at 2011, it seemed we had a blast as we went for many outings and short holidays :-)
• Revisited KL Bird Park with the kids.
• Took the girls to Sunway Lagoon, courtesy of Citibank.
• Visited FGS Dong Zhen after a hiatus of several years.
• Organized a Cuti-cuti Pahang with mum, younger sis, and the kids.
• Took the girls for a short holiday at Impiana Cherating.
• Rounded up the year with a fantastic family trip to Sri Lanka.
I travel quite a bit for work, but this year, the travelling seemed more than usual.
• Finally got the chance to step foot in Jakarta, not once, not twice, but three times within the same year, for work.
• Revisited Prague and Amsterdam.
• And while in Amsterdam, got a chance to visit Keukenhoff, on its very first day of opening in 2011.
• Went for a short working trip to Hong Kong.
• For the first time in my life, I saw dolphins and whales in the wild.
On the domestic front,
• Mum appeared on an Astro CNY promotional ad.
• Had the scare of my life when Yiu Yiu bumped her head and suffered a deep gash on her forehead.
• Yiu Yiu attended quite a few of her classmates’ birthday parties. I suppose many parents took the trouble to organize the parties as this is the last year the children are together in kindergarten.
• I took the effort to organize some token of appreciation for Yiu Yiu’s kindy teachers during Teacher’s Day and year end party, the first and last time I did so in her kindergarten years.
• Enrolled Yiu Yiu into a hip hop dance class at her request.
• Had my first ever (I think) mother daughter outing with Yiu Yiu on her birthday.
• And the event of the year is definitely Yiu Yiu’s graduating from kindy. In a few days time, my (not so little) girl will begin a new chapter in her life as a primary school student. There’ll be new routines and new challenges, and I hope we will take these changes into our stride.
And this is what the man of the house got for the three ladies in his life as a New Year gift :-)
Wishing everyone a Blessed 2012.